Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bug XDPX10 Issue: We’ve released a free update to Designer 10 series products

I went for a manual Update to version 10.1.3.35257.
    What I initially got was:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture_001_01092014_180620.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	103633

Closing and retrying did work the third time.

However, the update failed with:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture_001_01092014_181359.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	103634

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: XDPX10 Issue: We’ve released a free update to Designer 10 series products

I got no notification of a new release but when I clicked on "Check on Updates" Xara found the new update and installed it no problem.

However the update system seems very buggy
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: XDPX10 Issue: We’ve released a free update to Designer 10 series products

Let's hope not.

My update is corrupt, too.

Arty,

Can you give any examples or problems you have experienced?

We updated at the end of our last Xara session and have not used the program since.

Funny, when I was updating I remember a computer guy and his story about blindly upgrading with updates.

Our installation, as usual, went ahead without a hitch. But, remains untested.

Nick

I saw on Xara's Facebook that there was an update. So I went to install it on my desktop. I hit "Check for updates". Anyway, despite many tries, the loading bar gets only to about 6 per cent and then a box comes up saying the upgrade is corrupt, do I want to try again? Repeated tries produce the same result. So, I can't update.

Ali

Hello,

Did a lot of other stuff, surfed a bit, forgot about Xara. Decided to have one more try before bed, and the update installed. No idea why it wouldn't at first.

To put it in perspective, it's the only time Xara has done anything totally weird on me update-wise, like that, since... Well I think it's the first time, ever, and I've been here since Corelxara.

Ali

The program kept saying I was up to date with 10.2 and I had to manually download 10.3.
    Sheff
    My Site

I still haven't managed to install this upgrade.
    It stubborns asserts I don't have the product, but since you can only upgrade from the product, i am in catch-22.

What my computer says:

[SESSIONS]
    StartSessionFirst=18:56:49 25.07.2014
    StartSession=18:13:24 01.09.2014
    EndSession=17:31:46 05.09.2014
    [VERSION]
    Name=DesignerPro10
    ProgramKey=Xara_Designer_Pro_X10
    ProgramFullName=Xara Designer Pro X10
    Number=10.1.2.35097
    [SESSION]
    StartCount=7
    EndCount=6
    [SYSTEM]
    Screen=1680x1050
    VirtualScreen=3360x1050
    Betriebssystem=Windows7
    RAM=3070
    Processors=2_Processors
    [OPERATIONS]
    AboutDlg=6
    Exit=2
    AddWebLibrary=3
    DialogBarOp=32
    UpdateProgram=4
    NativeLoad=3
    CopySpread=3
    NameObjectsDlg=6
    6FileNewTemplate=1
    DeleteColours=3
    FileOpen=2
    TextSelect=2
    ImportStyleList=3
    TOOL7=2
    TextToolSelect=3
    ColourImport=3
    HTMLPreviewPage=3
    [MODULES]
    RunSoftupdate=3
    [IMPORT]
    xar=1
    [EXPORT]
    htmhtml=1

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Time moves on, my application upgrade doesn't.

Xara advised against my ticket some installations require a re-install before the upgrade can be applied. [The IT Crowd - "Have you tried switching it off and on again?"]

I have installed from CD and now am the enduring user of Xara Web Designer Pro X10 10.1.2.35097 CD Aug 8 2014.
    Which is where I was at the start of September.

Every start-up, I am told of a magical upgrade to version 10.1.3.35257.
    If I download and install, the application tells me I am up to date.

This is becoming tedious.

Acorn