Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok, this is for a little rollover-popdown caption. I would like to use an image in it, instead of just colors though, but I can't get it to work (as I have almost no knowledge with this).

Here is the code. Look towards the bottom and you'll see where I want the image.

<DIV ID="overDiv" STYLE="position:absolute;
    visibility:hide; z-index:1;"></DIV>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="overlib.js">
    </SCRIPT>
    <BR>
    <B><A HREF="" onclick="exit=false"
    onMouseOver="drc('blank<BR>blank<BR>blank','I WANT AN IMAGE HERE'); return true;" onMouseOut="nd(); return true;">Find out how</A></B>

Thank you very much. Please post back if I've missed something.

-fodo
    IP

Ok, this is for a little rollover-popdown caption. I would like to use an image in it, instead of just colors though, but I can't get it to work (as I have almost no knowledge with this).

Here is the code. Look towards the bottom and you'll see where I want the image.

<DIV ID="overDiv" STYLE="position:absolute;
    visibility:hide; z-index:1;"></DIV>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="overlib.js">
    </SCRIPT>
    <BR>
    <B><A HREF="" onclick="exit=false"
    onMouseOver="drc('blank<BR>blank<BR>blank','I WANT AN IMAGE HERE'); return true;" onMouseOut="nd(); return true;">Find out how</A></B>

Thank you very much. Please post back if I've missed something.

-fodo
    IP

fodo,

what you posted is gibberish with an accent, not javascript ...

You stole that code somewhere, hoping it would 'just work', right ??

First of all, the code is referring to an external file named "overlib.js". Without it, everything else is worthless.

Your 'onClick'-line is as far from JavaScript as can be.

The whole 'DIV' block is futile.

I told you before and tell you again: Go to www.storedesigner.com and check out the Navigation. Everything you need is there, no external files or anything.

I wrote the code and I give you permission to take it from there and use it on your own (private) site.

The page itself is in German, but never mind, everything you'll ever need is the <SCRIPT> block in the head and the call from the link (the buttons).

Try to go through it and to understand what it does. It is a fairly simple script, checking it out closely should be all you need.
    If you really are interested, buy a book about JavaScript and learn from the start.

If you use my script and have a particular problem with it, post a link to your site and I will check it out for you.

Wolfgang
    IP

Wolfgang, the script that I showed was only part of the entire thing, because that's the only part that matters for my question. The script works perfectly fine. The source that I got it from said ANYONE could use and modify it as they like, so I hardly call that stealing, do you?
    I like this script (or simply, "code" if you don't want to call it script), and I'd like to use it, but I just want to be able to put an image in it. I didn't realize that it was going to be a big problem or perhaps I wouldn't have bothered asking for help.

-fodo

Oh, and as for the external .js file, that still works perfectly fine if it's in the same folder as the html page; you should know that.
    And why is it not JavaScript is it has (quote: "<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"...") in it?

-fodo
    IP

fodo,

sorry if that came out the wrong way. I did not mean stealing like in 'crime', but merely 'taking it off from somewhere'. My fault, sorry for that.

I never used overlib.js, so I can't help you with the bits of code.

<A HREF="" onclick="exit=false"
    onMouseOver="drc('blank<BR>blank<BR>blank','I WANT AN IMAGE HERE');

is nothing I ever heard of. It does not look like VALID Javascript to me, that's what I meant. Maybe this strange syntax is covered in the overlib.js, but then again I can't help you with only this fragment. And without knowing the function 'drc' for instance, nobody can tell you what to put in instead of your 'I WANT AN IMAGE HERE'.

Still, if it's only rollovers and imagechange you want to do, why bother with library files and mighty code ??
    A simple script keeps loading time down and it's much more compatible as well.

What's the big deal with this overlib.js ??
    Has it got anything you absolutely need and you can't cover any other way ??

Wolfgang
    IP

Ok, thanks. Sorry if I were a little harsh before. I wondered what the "drc" was actually too, because I have looked at some of this before and have never seen that.
    This isn't just a rollover, and that's why I'd like to use it. It's a little popup "tooltip" box like thing that comes up when you mouse over it. The link below has this on the page. Check it out to see what I mean.
    photoshoptutorial.com

-fodo
    IP

Allright,

you might want to check out 24fun.com and look a bit around.

They have great scripts that do impressive things. And I'm pretty sure that I saw some variations of those tooltips there.

Wolfgang
    IP