Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

I need a bit of help on this one quite urgently!

Does anyone out there know how to drop .xar files into Microsoft Word 97, and have them print correctly (ie 360dpi rather than screen resolution).

The problem I have at the moment is that the preview that appears in Word is what is printed (ie low res). I suppose the alternative is to produce high res tiff files for each figure I want to incorporate, but in a 250 doctorate thesis, this is gonna be a bit of a chore.

Cheers,

Graham
    IP

I need a bit of help on this one quite urgently!

Does anyone out there know how to drop .xar files into Microsoft Word 97, and have them print correctly (ie 360dpi rather than screen resolution).

The problem I have at the moment is that the preview that appears in Word is what is printed (ie low res). I suppose the alternative is to produce high res tiff files for each figure I want to incorporate, but in a 250 doctorate thesis, this is gonna be a bit of a chore.

Cheers,

Graham
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Graham - In my office we usually just export a high quality jpg of at least the same size as we want it to appear in the finished document. The results are almost always acceptible and we don't expand the file size the way tiffs would. It is nice to have a finished document that is managable in size.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    IP