Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Font Awesome Symbol Utility

Will this be extended to include switching to Webdings and other symbol fonts?
    If I convert a WingDing to an editable shape I at least get the control points to tweak it further.
    This doesn't seem to be the case when I bring in an Awesome symbol as a shape or convert it from text to a shape.
    Neither does opening FontAwesome in a Character Map utility as all the symbols are blanks.

I note it is another utility that relies on an Internet connection: http://downloadsv10.xara.com/web/dialog/character.html.
    Does it work off-line?
    Why is it not part of the on-line Content Catalogue?

It is all so limiting and frustrating to give with one hand and take with the other; computers are supported to be tools.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Font Awesome Symbol Utility

thread...

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...2-Font-Awesome

Download font. Install font. Use the attached cheat sheet when off-line. You can convert to curves all you want.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mike, thanks for this and the earlier thread.
    When for the Open Type font and while I can see it in CharMap, when selected it doesn't render in Xara.
    I'll keep plugging.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You can copy from the PDF and paste as rich text into, at least, xdp. I suspect there is a character map utility possible of showing the font on github or the like.

Acorn

After you insert a symbol from the utility if you select it and 'add shapes' it then becomes editable. Crazy I know.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Acorn

After you insert a symbol from the utility if you select it and 'add shapes' it then becomes editable. Crazy I know.
    Christine, to do this is surely another unchecked-for bug but a big thanks for identifying how to do it.

What a lot of workarounds for a character map utility for a program that declares itself to be worthy of the sobriquet 'DTP package'.

I much preferred the application when it was clean, lean and ean (easy and natural).

Acorn

Just to add to Chritine's reply Acorn, after add shapes you can break shapes and use colours of your choice.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Font.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	103527  

Exclamation Web Export Options ... requires a network connection

I just got the confirmation from Xara that the "Web Export Options" does require a link to :

http://downloadsv10.xara.com/web/dialog/export.html

This is unexpected and annoying.

I'm working from behind a corporate firewall and this access is blocked.
    Also, I'm sometimes designing Web Sites from location without Internet access (holidays, my home when my provider is off, ...)

Is there any chance to have an Internet free version of Xara ?

Bernard

Default Re: Web Export Options ... requires a network connection

Quote Originally Posted by BernardBerger View Post
    I just got the confirmation from Xara that the "Web Export Options" does require a link to :

http://downloadsv10.xara.com/web/dialog/export.html

This is unexpected and annoying.

I'm working from behind a corporate firewall and this access is blocked.
    Also, I'm sometimes designing Web Sites from location without Internet access (holidays, my home when my provider is off, ...)

Is there any chance to have an Internet free version of Xara ?

Bernard
    I have these same concerns.
    The only way at present I have is to open everything when connected and copy over to Xara files.
    It is more than annoying.

If i had the option to save my work to the Content Catalogue, true cloud usage, I might be more positive.
    Acorn