Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara 2D drawings to 3D modeling program

@csehz—

One of the qualities of a good software program is that it doesn't get in the way of expression, or the artist's style. I think Paul and igor prove that—great work, different styles.

@Paul, well Blends are certain a fundamental Xara drawing tool, so I'd best get to documenting it! Before multi-stage gradients, before all this extrude stuff, one of the very first editions of Illustrator for Windows had the Blend tool and a Pen tool, and that was about it. Today, vector drawing programs are more like bitmaps editors!

I wonder why Photoshop version 549 CS CC XYZ still only has one vector Pen tool and one way to export, not counting the Adobe Illustrator Clipboard?

My Best,

Gary

Thank you Gary. I have done a few things with the blend tool, but I know that it can do so much more. I looked it up a few times on YouTub, but did not find a lot of practical applications.

I think everyone has their own style. That's what makes Xara so unique. Anyone can use it to express themselves. Very low learning curve, and you can focus on the tools that works best to express your artistic style.

I was going to do a glass chess piece, but I think i'm going to stick with my theme. The others were more of a ceramic texture. On this one I tried more of a glass look. When I put them together, I used named colors for the glass piece and the ball so I could make many different combinations. It will also speed up the drawing process not having to redraw the ball. I even added one with a little transparency on the ball to give it more of a glass look. I still have some touchups to do, but it's far enough along for a look-see.

I also posted in the art gallery, but I don't see you there much.

Hey, where is the coffee shop around here where we can talk about this stuff more in-depth?

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glass Ball 2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	108635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glass Ball.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	108636  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glass Ball Wire.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	108637  

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Hey, where is the coffee shop around here where we can talk about this stuff more in-depth?

Paul
    I'm afraid this is the coffee shoppe, Paul!

Hey, you are having fun, man! I like the color combos, particularly the red and green. I was in the supermarket the other day, and the annoying in-store voice over the public address said, "Remember shoppers, only 169 days until Christmas..."

My Best,

Gary

That's ok Gary. I just wanted to make sure that we weren't going to get hit with an off topic rebuke.

Here is the updated image with the finishing touches. I fixed the floating above the shadow problem with a little color shape.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Name:	Glass Ball 3.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	108651  

Absolutely gorgeous, Paul.

Why would this be anything other than an on-topic discussion about 3D and how to do it in Xara (2D)?

Very handsome reflections, Sir!

My Best,

Gary

Thank you Gary. I think the named colors work well with it also. Now, I get more bang for the buck.

Paul

Name:	Glass Ball 4.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	108653  

Ok, Are we going to sit down and have a cup of joe?

Name:	cup of joe.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	108664  

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous, Paul.
    +1 These are so brilliant Paul. You are able to compete with the look of the 3D software on an area, where they looked to have advantage. Your Xara drawings look magical

[QUOTE=Psaumure;533358]Ok, Are we going to sit down and have a cup of joe?[/QUOTE

Great images Paul and it must have taken ages slicing all those holes from the butterfly and cream

Stygg

I have to ask - because I'm not sure how the shadows form on coffee - but it looks like the shadow of the cup on the coffee doesn't agree with all the other shadows. I would have expected it to be on the other side. Am I wrong?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.