Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile Pages Scroll to Right

The index of the mobile version of a site im working on is fine, fits to screen.

The other three pages scroll to the right to reveal say a third of a page of blank space. I've been looking for sneaky things hidden on the pasteboard, but can't find anything. Am I missing something in the setup? Or something else which I should be deleting? Page width is 480px

The other thing is that the pages load up really huge then reload smaller to fit the screen, but it's taking quite a while, maybe 20-30 seconds to align properly, at which point i think a lot of people may just have closed the page instead. Is there something which I should change here to prevent it?

Default Re: Mobile Pages Scroll to Right

Switching to outline mode can often reveal where things are overlapping the page edge.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thanks Christine, very useful. Found them all!

I have android Galaxy S3 so I can only use outline mode to see the whole page. Good thing the pages don't take so long to load for me.

Im still having this same issue with mobile sites With blank space to the right of each page. Outline mode shows no objects on the pasteboard or overlapping the page. Any suggestions?

Hi Megg, could it be the page shadow?

Hi Megg, what browser are you using. I have the same issue when using Firefox for Android. In fact it cuts off part of the left hand side and has spare space to the right.

It displays fine in Chrome apart from the aweful zoom feature. I press a button & just get the zoom. People are all complaining about it but Google don't seem capable of turning it off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-17-12-45-21.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	108205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-17-12-49-14.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	108206  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for your replies. Ive turned off page shadow, thought that could be the cause but it hasnt solved the issue.

Its chrome on my mobile, if you access the mobile sizing for chrome on the laptop via inspect element it again has the same white space on the right. All mobile sites i build have it and the last character of text can be cut off too.

Yeah the zoom button is a nuisance! Have you tried making buttons slightly larger? Ive found this has in the past prevented it. But ive just built a site with a popup close button ontop of the popup open button, open acts normally, close zooms in and they are of course copies of each other

Don't have that issue in Chrome Megg just the zoom one. I've experimented some more and FF for android only has this offset for supersites.

Perhaps you could attach your .web file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host