Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ilustrator has a mind of it's own

I am using Illustrator CC and have just switched to Mavericks. Since the switch, when I type a value in the toolbar, say to change the width of a box, one out of five times, as I drag the cursor out of the field, the value changes on it's own and sometimes keeps changing in one direction or another for a second or two with momentum, requiring several command Zs to reverse. This is with my hand off the mouse!. Also, often when I repeat objects, the screen zooms in with each hit of Command D. And sometimes the screen just slides on its own. These behaviors are bizarre, maddening and dangerous. I have to second guess and re check everything.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    IP

Default Re: Ilustrator has a mind of it's own

Bad news? I am on Windows and stopped with CS6. You may get more specific/better advice on Adobe's forum.

But a question. When you upgraded to Mavericks, did you use the migration assistant or do an in-place upgrade? If so, Adobe applications don't do well with either. The advice, if either above are true, is to uninstall, reboot, run the cleaner application for your version, reboot, then reinstall.

mike
    IP

Default Re: Ilustrator has a mind of it's own

I gave my mate a text this morning (UK) who is an Adobe freak and of course runs Mac's. He updated and states that plenty people are having problems with cursors disappearing and docs taken ages to save and he suffered the latter. He pointed me in the direction to here: http://helpx.adobe.com/drive/kb/open...lower-mac.html Had a look at it but this refers only to Adobe Drive and the saving problem so don't think that helps you. I would go along with Mike's statement and do a reinstall which is a right pain.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP