Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Illustrator Gradient Issue Help

Hello! I have just developed an issue with gradient fills in CS5. For years I have been able to just drag and drop a spot color and have a 2 color gradient. Now all of a sudden when I drag a spot color into gradient it goes multi-color. Not sure how to turn this off or fix.

Thanks in advance.

tt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gradient-issue.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	103434
    IP

Default Re: Illustrator Gradient Issue Help

I don't know much about Photoshop but from your attachment it looks like you are using a multicolor gradient. You might try changing that or adjust the gradient colors to what you want.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

The Gradient palette to my knowledge hasn't change and I use CS5. What i see in your snapshot is that you have radial selected now the radial is more complex than linear. Always start with linear if you are wanting a simple scheme don't know how you got the green did you start with a gradient from your swatches panel? This is how I change my colours, it is down a bit on this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/u...-gradient.html
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    The Gradient palette to my knowledge hasn't change and I use CS5. What i see in your snapshot is that you have radial selected now the radial is more complex than linear. Always start with linear if you are wanting a simple scheme don't know how you got the green did you start with a gradient from your swatches panel? This is how I change my colours, it is down a bit on this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/u...-gradient.html
    Thanks guys!

I merely take the round object, click gradient, radial, all is well with a black/white gradient (grey scale). Then when I pull a spot color or solid cmyk to the gradient color bar, I get this multicolored effect. Really quite strange.

I have gone into edit colors etc. with no luck changing this effect.
    IP

Hey, thanks for quick responses. I did find that this customer provided art was cmyk along with many other color things going on. Once I made everything rgb I am back normal. thanks again!
    tt
    IP