Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default realistic spheroid 3d

3D in Design Pro seems to be all about extrusion. But there are other ways that the world displays its "3D-ness." You look at a sphere, and it's not merely an extrusion from a circle (i.e., a cylinder). I'd love the ability to draw a circle and tell Design Pro - "Make it a sphere," and have the program (which is, after all, trying to be my artistic genie) say, "Yes master. Done!" Call this, maybe, "3D-round."

Don't know how hard this would be to implement, but surely it has applications. Imagine drawing a tree - trunk and branches - and telling Xara, make them 3D-round.

- Bal

Default Re: realistic spheroid 3d

Spheres are not difficult to make. Seems to me like doing what you suggest one would lose some of the creativity and fun.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

But you could always do it by hand if you wanted...

I'm not all that good at this. I have ideas and then trying to figure out how to bring them to life can sometimes get beyond me quickly.

And maybe spheres aren't difficult for you, but how about a 3D rendering of a tree trunk where using the 3D view, it changes in realistic ways? Is there a tutorial for something like that?

Some things are difficult for anyone. Sounds like you need to learn the program and it's tools. I understand you having ideas and click a button and the program does it for you, but, no software can do this.
    That's where creativity and being an artist comes in. You don't have to agree with me, that's just a pure and simple truth. OK we are off track now so back on track.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yep - this is a suggestion box area, yes? So it's up to the user community to say they like it; it's up to Xara to determine if it's worthwhile or not; and if they think it is worthwhile, it's up to each of us to use it or not. I don't see the harm to anyone who sees no value in it having the tool available and not using it.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Wordmuse: It sounds to me that what you want is full fledged 3D mesh capabilities, something that Xara can not do. I have however used Blender an open source 3D modeling program and Xara to create images. for example a tree stump could be modelled and textured in blender, exported as a png with alpha and then imported into a xara drawing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you, angelize - I will look into Blender. And I truly appreciate you advising on the limits of Designer Pro, so I can let it go. I love the program for what it can do and know it can't be expected to do everything every user might come up with. Thanks a lot.