Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XDP X9: ICC profile bug

The screen shots illustrate the issue...somewhat.

There are four rectangles in one of the screen shots. There are two images and two vector rectangles with the color values on them.

The two images and the RGB vector rectangle export to PDF using the ISO Coated v2 300 (ECI) profile correctly--which means though they well exceed the 300% density color limit, they are converted properly to just under the 300% color limit (299%).

However, the vector CMYK rectangle exports to PDF without being made to conform to the 300% color limit. It retains the 398% value of the original "art." I have checked in several other applications and the ICC profile is properly applied to vector and bitmaps.

Don't know if this is still an issue in XDP X10 or not.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001834.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	103296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001835.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	103297  

Default Re: XDP X9: ICC profile bug

Hi Mike not at normal desk at moment but does ISO Coated v2 300 (ECI) not have 95% black maximum and therefore your K value is wrong? I will try and get to my desk soon to try out your values. Can I make sure also that you saved the PDF to PDF/X-1a
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: XDP X9: ICC profile bug

Yes, there is a 95% K limit, and a 300% TAC limit. All compenents of the CMYK should be brought to, or slightly under, that 300% limit.

The profile should be what makes out of profile color conform to its internal specification. It is, in fact, being completely disregarded when the black object is a vector. In other words, I can switch profiles to say IFRA News print 30% and the CMYK adjusts properly to each object in my oh so simple test file with the exception of the black vector rectangle--it remains at the 398% values.

Mike