Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Update All v10 products: 10.1.2.35097

well it's the 'fix it or die' thing isn't it that Kate mentioned ... Xara just had to get responsive web building covered or the product was dead.. and this is part of that 'rush' ... in due course it will be an option I hope, maybe as Frances suggested, a toggle button or a setting in options;

hopefully they won't just leave it as a registry fix
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Egg have you tried stretching it out horizontally as well - the handles move and width dimension changes but the actual photo doesn't resize at all. It's like resizing an invisible frame or clipping shape instead of the actual photo.

Here's another weird example: Create a rectangle and group it with a smaller photo positioned on top of it. Now use the right horizontal handle to make the group longer/wider. Instead of the photo stretching in the group or perhaps moving to the right with the rectangle it starts to get cropped and eventually disappears.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I have it on good authority that when the updated version of XaReg comes out, there will be an option to disable this behavior. Three cheers for XaReg!

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

it is fine Eric if you want it one way or the other all/most of the time [and in this instance that may well be true] - but it should not be necessary these things should be in the options, which is not to decry the effort that goes into XaReg, but you need to leave the program and then reload it, no fun to do repeatedly
    Nothing lasts forever...

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I don't disagree with you at all. I would have liked to see a toggle in the options menu. However for folks like you and I who, 1) don't really do much web work and 2) know how to avoid squashing text on the rare occasion when we do resize a web document footer, having the behavior disabled with XaReg will be a huge relief/time saver. I haven't given up hope that Xara will add something to the options menu. Over at XU I posted some additional buggy behavior after the patch came out. Perhaps when Xara fix the bug(s) they can add the option item as well.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

Perhaps this oddity was a necessity due to adding variants. It certainly isn't a big deal to hit ALT while re-sizing horizontally. Counter-intuitive? Yes. I suspect we can expect a great deal of "what the hell?" posts on this issue. Perhaps a sticky in the forum will help.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    2) know how to avoid squashing text on the rare occasion when we do resize a web document footer
    Nothing lasts forever...

You know...even the simple change of this being the default behavior on only web documents would be an improvement. Even then, I would still like the ability to turn this behavior off. Just my $.02.

Eric
    My Club. My Album.

Okay, here's even more strange behaviour.

I know what Xara are trying to do but please don't break everything else in the process

Watch in HD

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I really really hate that when anyone changes the way something that has worked forever.

I'm sorry Xara, but start over. This is just not acceptable.