Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New responsive website design client

I just completed this responsive website for a client in XDP10. I had no major issues with the software and the client was happy. Any constructive criticism is always welcome .

http://www.paymasterspa.com/

Default Re: New responsive website design client

The site looks clean and professional. One issue I noticed is that the "Download Forms" button of the mobile site is not properly linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    ...the "Download Forms" button of the mobile site is not properly linked.
    Fixed. Nice catch and hank you! I originally wasn't going to link to the forms page on the mobile version because many mobile devices don't support PDF files. I changed my mind at the last minute and didn't link it properly.
    Kudos
    -Paul

Hi Paul

I agree with Boy. The site is clean and professional and the mobile version is well designed for mobile devices. What more can you ask.

Hi Paul, Very nice site, clean and easy to move around. Wondering about the "blue check mark" on the front page near the phone number, is it suppose to be there, I'm using IE11 for a browser.

Quote Originally Posted by gbakay View Post
    I'm using IE11 for a browser.
    I'm not seeing anything unusual in my browser. I attached a screenshot of what I see and if you are seeing something different, I'd love to see a screenshot of it. Thanks for the feedback!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	103272

Hi Paul, I see what you mean, so, I went and checked the page again and didn't see that check mark which didn't make sense. I knew it was there, so what I did was clicked on you one of your tabs, like contact. Then went back to your HOME page and it was there. Refreshed the page and it was gone! Really strange, but I noticed that the check mark jumps from your "personal service" located at about the middle of the page to the top near the phone number. This is my 3rd time posting to this site and my first time attaching a file so hope the screenshot shows!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	103273

It just appears to be a missplaced bullet point (?) The ticks are used in the payroll services section and in FireFox they appear as expected (against Personal Services) however in IE that line is missing the bullet and it's way up left where you're seeing it. Good old IE crap.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I was able to duplicate the bug and I believe it is now fixed. Thank you for the details and information!

It appears as though it happened whenever I was using a graphic for a list bullet. I just removed the graphic bullets and used regular graphics in their place.

Maybe Xara developers are listening in on this conversation and can fix the issue.

For the graphic bullet problem, I usually give it a Name of filename=<yourBulletName> before I make a Live Copy.
    The Application then is making tens of differently named items for the same image.
    That usually kicks in into place.
    I agree that it is definitely worth noising Xara over.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat