Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Panoramas in XARA DEMO Pages -

If any of you plough through the "What's New" pages at every launch you will have come across the PANORAMA examples - I must say the new Panorama feature in X10 is a huge improvement

I kind of hoped seeing these Demos - http://www.xara.com/uk/features/panorama/
    bundled - they could be very useful on some projects I am working on and I think they look cool ;-)

Anyone know a quick and dirty way to do this ? Or could we ask XARA to bundle it - Pretty Please

its neat

Default Re: Panoramas in XARA DEMO Pages -

Bundle what David? The examples or the panorama tool? The panorama tool should be part of your Xara program. If I recall there is a better version available, but it's a separate download.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Take a series of uo to seven overlapping photos (you list XPro as your Xara version).

Put the photos in the correct order and orientation (in the 10 versions this is not necessary). Open the Photo Tool > Panorama and I am not certain but click whatever you need to create the panorama.

Some versions also include Panorama Studio which loads separately and can create more complex panoramas.

Attached is a panorama I did in Designer Pro X10 made from 7 images. You should be able to do the same in your version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	priester-panorama.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	103238  

Wow Sorry If I confused - Yes Im referring to the New X10 and indeed the new Panorama feature is hugely improved

However My question was relating to this DEMO Here > http://www.xara.com/uk/features/panorama/

So its less to do with creating the Panorama - indeed I have quite a few great ones ;-)

What I was asking I guess is how to reproduce the Mouse Over effects on the new examples page as above as I have two projects that could use it .

(On facebook I also mentioned to Kate that its cool - took her a while to get at what I was referring to lol) But she only replied that yes its Neat

Once again sorry if I confused people with the question - So How can I do those Mouse Over effects where picture can be scrolled?

And could that "Plugin" be bundled (Kate) ?

OK, it looks like they have used something like this http://www.gayadesign.com/scripts/photonav/ (I found photonav referenced in the page source).

Your a Genius ;-)

Sure looks like it - Cheers - Hope Xara agrees it should be available to all ;-)

It might be something you can add to a placeholder. Maybe Rob or Phil from Xara or Acorn might know of a resource for this. It can be any photo and not just a panorama.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It might be something you can add to a placeholder. Maybe Rob or Phil from Xara or Acorn might know of a resource for this. It can be any photo and not just a panorama.
    Just had a quick look. I am assuming somewhere in Xara's vast armoury we have an improved panorama stitcher (Create Panorama).
    Xara then showcased this with PhotoNav and PhotoNav is not a Xara utility.

I downloaded (http://www.gayadesign.com/scripts/photonav/photonav.zip), a thing I generally avoid when i know nothing about a utility.
    In this case it is only a CSS and JS file.

The way Xara has used it is to set up a fixed DIV tag with a background url to the panoramic image.

I would need to work out a cleaner way to do this properly within a Xara application, so don't hold your breath.

Summer holidays are a-calling,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

We're counting on you Acorn.