Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing attributes in rectangle drawing tool

Hi,

I've got what I believe will be an easy question. When I have a fill selected I can draw say a rectangle and that fill is there as I draw that rectangle. After I've drawn that rectangle I'd love to draw another rectangle with another fill, but cant for the life of me figure out how to do this. Everytime I think I've changed the fill it still draws with the original fill. How do I accomplish this? Thank you so much for your help.

Default Re: Changing attributes in rectangle drawing tool

In Utilities / Options / General Tap untick the "Give new objects most recent attributes" Dawn
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you Egg, now my question is is how do I apply the new fill to the new objects as I draw them?

do what Egg suggested; also make sure that the box below 'ask before setting current attribute' is ticked

then to change current attribute make sure nothing is selected [or else you will simply change that object] - in the fill tool select the fill type you want [eg circular] and it will ask for confirmation, choose 'set' and you are done ['quiet' will stop the confirmation asking in future] - you can do the same for current fill colour on the colour bar [don't need to be in any specific tool for this]... etc - [note this will not work though for bitmap fill as you cannot define the bitmap to use this way]

there is quite possibly a way to do this with gnomra defined, but I rarely use the program that way so I am not certain - xara does have a habit of thinking you are quite happy to [re]define an object after you have drawn it, a lot of it's functions seem to be oriented on the assumption that this is the norm...
    Last edited by handrawn; 08 August 2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: not woken up need coffee
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...