Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: export PDF

Default Re: export PDF

Good find Mike. I couldn't see what was causing it, it wasn't obvious.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I barely did notice it.

I first created a new, non-filled rectangle and it worked.

When looking to see what the difference was, I was thinking the rectangle ended up as perhaps a non-closed path. That's when I pulled up the color editor and noticed the color line looked like it was a gradient, clicked on the fill tool and...there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Not speaking to anyone in particular,
    l.
    As I matter of fact I directed my first reply to mwenz because he/she wrote that he was not able to help without the actual file. I therefor enclosed the file AND tried his suggestions. Which worked! The other answers from Wizard509 and GWpriester came (or were noticed) after my sending the file. However, I am grateful for all the answers and efforts. I do not really understand the workings and all the explanations yet but was happy to execute mwenz´s very simple and effective solution.

If ever Xara wants to idiotproof their software....I can volunteer and be their ´idiot´testsubject ;-)

there is a difference between an object such as the rectangle having 'no fill' or it having 'a fill that is not visible'

'a fill that is not visible' is what you had, and the PDF misunderstood that

when the non-visible fill was removed then it worked properly

at least that is how I read what Mike said

if you want to remove a fill it is not enough to make it 100% transparent, that is still technically a fill, you need to set it specifically 'no fill' [none]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Handdrawn,

Thank you for the explanation :-)

It's great to see a member coming back to thank people for their help that they gave as many times that thank you doesn't happen. What a courteous member!
    Design is thinking made visual.