Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Drop Cap August 2014

We all have to start somewhere. Tutorials are good, the challenges are good too. With the challenges, one is forced to use your imagination. Once you have the idea, try new things, see what other people do, and learn from those things
    For instance when I was working as a delineator. we all learned from each other, if someone did something I liked I would figure out how to do it, improve on it, and put it in my bag of tricks, if not I'd forget it.
    That's the way I learned to paint glass. I was taught one way but wasn't satisfied, so I started noticing different things some people did, eventually I put bits and pieces of those together along with my own take on it and it was my technique. For a long time, it seemed such a mess that I would think I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but I always did. I had something that had debth, sparkled, and best of all was uniquely mine. Cars were another matter, I was not good at drawing or painting them, and, I didn't care. So coldwetnoz don' sell yourself short. You do great, and I for one appreciate it. I wish I were better, but I cannot hold a candle to many here, such as Gare or Rik, just to name a few.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I find that the tutorials I like best are the old ones. Different versions cause problems so I just "wing it"! Anyway I'm sure to be asking for help soon as I start trying tutorials again. The drop caps are fun but my abilities go just so far with them.

Yeah I know what you mean. I like the drop caps, but not sure how much use anyone will get out of them. I've been thinking about an entirely different challenge for awhile, whether or not I start that one still remains to be seen.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi coldwetnoz

Really like the form of your letter 'K'. Nice one

Thank you. The font is "Aesthetics". I saw the dots and decided to add more.
    pslane

Gradually catching up...
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	117664  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Yeah! Thank Bob for the extra work. Glad to see this challenge is still alive, it was a fun one in my opinion.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509