We all have to start somewhere. Tutorials are good, the challenges are good too. With the challenges, one is forced to use your imagination. Once you have the idea, try new things, see what other people do, and learn from those things
For instance when I was working as a delineator. we all learned from each other, if someone did something I liked I would figure out how to do it, improve on it, and put it in my bag of tricks, if not I'd forget it.
That's the way I learned to paint glass. I was taught one way but wasn't satisfied, so I started noticing different things some people did, eventually I put bits and pieces of those together along with my own take on it and it was my technique. For a long time, it seemed such a mess that I would think I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but I always did. I had something that had debth, sparkled, and best of all was uniquely mine. Cars were another matter, I was not good at drawing or painting them, and, I didn't care. So coldwetnoz don' sell yourself short. You do great, and I for one appreciate it. I wish I were better, but I cannot hold a candle to many here, such as Gare or Rik, just to name a few.