Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Previewing a site

I can't seem to figure out how I can do a test upload to get a preview of my site. I understand how to do it in XARA with the preview function. On that note I seemed to have done something that makes my website very tiny (fit to page???) I can't find a way to undo what I did.

Diana

Default Re: Previewing a site

Diana, for the first, you use File > Export website...
    For your second, it is possible you've added a long line somewhere on a hidden layer that extends beyond the page background.
    If you have disabled Clip to page edges (Website Properties... > Website > Other).

To find it make all your Layers visible and select Window > View Quality > Outlines to locate it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

What I was looking for on the first question was a website that allows me to test the upload? I have a Godaddy account but currently have a website that I don't' want to replace until I make sure this one works and looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by LIU View Post
    What I was looking for on the first question was a website that allows me to test the upload? I have a Godaddy account but currently have a website that I don't' want to replace until I make sure this one works and looks good.
    Diana, there are oodles of free providers out there. Start with Google.
    A local export works just as well.
    You can also probably publish to a sub-folder on your Godaddy site and delete afterwards.
    Did you not get a free Magix account?
    You can create a DropBox account and upload to the Public folder.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure how to know if I got a free Magix account. I guess I can always sign up for one.

Thanks,

Diana

The way I do it is as mentioned by Acorn, publish it to a sub-folder.

Like yoursite.com/test

Enable your pin and check through website properties.