Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Is there a way to clean up this text graphic image up?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    an alternative - better for print maybe...

but what bob and gameprinter have said is true - for best results need to remake it
    Oh, that is a lot better! I think you're right, though, about the remaking it.

Soooo, I wonder if anyone here would be interested in being paid to redraw/trace for me to recreate it. If so, please let me know what something like that would cost.

well I used threshold to remove the noise and then sharpen - maybe a program that will up-sample in a clean way will do it, but that is not xara AFAIK

one last go - here it is in vector, maybe not a perfect trace, but see if you can use it
    Last edited by handrawn; 31 July 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Give a man a fish, etc....

Create a Bitmap Image - True Color - 300dpi resolution. This will not make the image sharper but it will give you more pixels to work with.

Zoom in to 300-400%

Open the Levels dialog and move the white triangle to the left until the noise around the text disappears. If need be, use the black eye dropper to sample the thinnest part of the lines to beef up the density.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	levels.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	103076  

well I used threshold to remove the noise and then sharpen - maybe a program that will up-sample in a clean way will do it, but that is not xara AFAIK

one last go - here it is in vector, maybe not a perfect trace, but see if you can use it
    Thank you; however, I'm unable to open the file. Says it's .svg format (I have no clue what that is).

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Give a man a fish, etc....

Create a Bitmap Image - True Color - 300dpi resolution. This will not make the image sharper but it will give you more pixels to work with.

Zoom in to 300-400%

Open the Levels dialog and move the white triangle to the left until the noise around the text disappears. If need be, use the black eye dropper to sample the thinnest part of the lines to beef up the density.
    Thanks, Gary.

How do I get the bitmap image to 300 dpi? I've tried saving the file and exporting it into a bitmap image, but I don't see any option to set the dpi on age of the settings.

Also, where exactly is this levels dialogue box?

sorry here it is in xar - should have done that in the first place - its slightly rough in places because its not redrawn, it's autotraced

[svg is a vector - you can import it - but it comes in clipped and you need to unclip it]
    Last edited by handrawn; 31 July 2014 at 06:31 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

When you export the file to JPG, for example, the first panel is palette options, the next panel is Bitmap Size, this is the panel you set your resolution.

When you say you don't have time to trace a graphic... you don't have 15 minutes to 1/2 hour to spare, that's all it would take me to retrace this.

sorry here it is in xar - should have done that in the first place - its slightly rough in places because its not redrawn, it's autotraced

[svg is a vector - you can import it - but it comes in clipped and you need to unclip it]
    Thank you, I will check it out.

I have no clue what "clipped" means or how to "unclip." (I think I mentioned I have NO expertise with this program. You guys are talking over a complete novice's head, lol.) So do I need to know how to do that to open this file or something?

Also, can you tell me more about this autotrace? Is that something in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    When you export the file to JPG, for example, the first panel is palette options, the next panel is Bitmap Size, this is the panel you set your resolution.

When you say you don't have time to trace a graphic... you don't have 15 minutes to 1/2 hour to spare, that's all it would take me to retrace this.
    Exactly, I do not have the time to do that kind of tracing (or the patience, in all honesty). I just want this done. I'm not trying to learn how to be a power Xara user.

I did export the file to Window Bitmap, but there isn't any box that says "resolution" or "dpi" to change. Is it called something else that I should be looking for?