Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Question Problems with plugins with XP10 64 bit?

Anyone else having problems with the 32 bit plugins that are supposed to work in the 64bit v10? Eye Candy 7 locks up on mine requiring me to kill the program process using control-alt-delete.

Default Re: Problems with plugins with XP10 64 bit?

This is something you should post in the Xara Plug-in forum http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdis...atible-Plugins. Frances will probably know more about this than I do. I faintly remember this was a problem in the last version as well.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've moved this thread into the plug in forum There is a problem with Eye Candy 7 when used with Xara as a host. When they came out with version 7 they did some major re writing to make the plug in more compatible with the newest version of photoshop. Unfortunately the changes cause problems with Xara, and when I looked into this last year a rep from Alien Skin told me that it was unlikely that they would fix it any time soon because PS users are their main market.

I don't have version 7 of Eye Candy as I never upgraded from version 6 because of this but I did test version 6 with DP 10 and it worked fine for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you Angelize.

I have the older versions (which I think Xara still sells) of Eye Candy 4000 and Xenofex. They seem to work just fine in the 64 bit Xara 10.

Yes Alienskin Eyecandy 7 is flashing up an "ACCESS VIOLATION EXCEPTION AT 0X6B40C34C" in the TRIAL download of XPRO10. Eyecandy 7 still works fine in XPRO9. OP System is Windows 8.