Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Placing objects on top of video...

Hi!

In a previous test, I was able to place objects on top of a placeholder containing a YouTube video - graphics, text, menus - whatever.

Now, for some reason, in one particular project it's like the YouTube video is arranging itself in front of everything. Yet, in my test project the video is well behaved and other objects sit and work happily on top.

I want to put a logo and menu bar on top of a playing video - it makes the website look pretty cool.

In each case, I have put the YouTube placeholder video in the Page Background layer, locked it, and placed other objects on top of it in the MouseOff layer.

Now, in one project, it won't play ball any more.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: Placing objects on top of video...

UPDATE:-

It seems that Xara's own browser is the culprit here - it won't display objects placed on top of a video.

All other browsers appear to work fine..!

Ian, Xara does not have its own browser. It uses IE that is bundled with Windows. Have you tried to redo the page in question?

Also I don't recommend placing your video in the background layer. Create a seperate layer if necessary (named "video") and place it behind the Mouse Off layer.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host