Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Placeholder stopping other sections from displaying

I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with 'Place holders'. I have used a place holder with some script from the Coffee Cup application 'Web Form Builder' to add a contact form. When displaying this page live the form appears correctly however, the header and footer of the page do not, they are missing. Remove the place holder, re-publish and the missing items appear again. I've tried it in a selection of browsers and all are the same. I also had the same problem using a widget from the xara collection, the Coffee Cup script also stops this working too. Any ideas please? The page in question is here: http://britsoap.co.uk/testing/contac...turers%20a.htm

Default Re: Placeholder stopping other sections from displaying

In which layers are your header/footer placed?

Where is the placeholder in relation to those?

Also, you should optimise your images:-

Some take a long time to load

Go to Utilities->Optimise all images...

Nice site, by the way.

Many thanks Ian for your suggestions, the site is very much BETA and awaiting images from the client, however, I have taken on board your advice. The sections concerned are all on the 'Mouse Off' layer and are 'Repeating Groups' (except the place holder of course).

I appreciate your time.

...and are those repeating group layers above your placeholder?

It looks like you are missing some code from Web Form Builder. There is an opening noscript tag but no closing one, which is causing your page to break

Hi Ian, I have just moved the objects, which were above the 'place holder' on the layer, below the place holder object. Reloaded the site and they now appear. Many thanks for your ideas and interest in this problem, it is greatly appreciated and ultimately led to the answer.

Also, thank you JD for your information, I will look into that also.

Also, you should optimise your images:-

Some take a long time to load

Go to Utilities->Optimise all images...

Nice site, by the way.
    Hi Ian, I'm not 100% sure that's correct. On export website Xara creates 2 versions of an image, one at 96dpi & one at 150 dpi (?) for ipads. The original photo, even if it's 12500 x 12500 pix is not exported at that size.

The only reason to optomise images is to reduce the size of your xar/web file on your hard drive.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Edit: The optomise is decided by the settings value you have set in the optomise dialogue window.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host