Here's one:
Let's say that I delete an object, then as I continue to work, I realize that I need to use that deleted object. If I were using any other program that I know of, I could "Ctrl Z" back to the point before I deleted the object, copy it, "Ctrl Y" back to where my work had previously progressed, execute a "Ctrl V" (paste) and continue my work from there. With Xara, when I backup to when I deleted the object and copy it, "Ctrl Y" isn't available because Xara handles that "Ctrl C" (copy) as an edit to the file and "forgets" my other edits and I would have to repeat all of that other work again.
I asked someone from Xara about this and they thought, for various reasons, that Xara was handling this condition correctly and "as expected". Considering what that person said, I checked to see if what I was saying was true. I checked it with Coreldraw and PhotoPaint (ver.12 and x5), Word and Photoshop and they all handled it as I said. That was even true here, posting to this thread! So, two questions:
Have any of you employed (tried to employ) this little "trick" and, if so, is it important enough for us to ask the Xara folks to remedy it?
...if you're one of those Xara folks, might you look into this as a matter of curiosity?