Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Bouton's Wish List for Group Participation on v 11

I did as Mike W wisely suggested and, closed both versions 9 and 10 requests I'd started a new thread on "Dear Xara."

I believe that if we keep things reasonable—IOW without requesting that all the engineers tear up the core engine so one person can import PSG layer with Adobe's Layer Styles in place and editable—we might actually get as widely requested feature or two in the nest version.

I suggest if we keep this thread terse and focused without a bitchy tone, the Xara folks who read this might be more inclined to seriously ponder a "good request." And to do them one suggestion/plea per post and possibly put your request in the subject line, which requires toy go to Advanced mode.

Do anything you ca to make your request polite in tone and reasonable and popular as a request. Don't suggest something( ie. "when is a Mac version coming out?") when you post something you know benefits only one or two people.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Me first: CorelDRAW has featured a dynamic Polygon tool since the mid-190s and I'd like to see this in Xara.

• You can set the number of sides even after you've significantly altered the polygon, the alterations including adding control points, deleting them, and turning smooth lines to curves, vice-versa, as well as changing the type of control point, which all told, lets you do stuff like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dynamic-polygon.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	102966

• I'd like to see a utility box where you can create your own strokes and pressure profiles. Xara is doing great sat providing is with presets, but what if we need a custom profile?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-25-2014 2-48-13 PM.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	102967

I think this would be do-able. I'd imagine do to this with existing code's not as hard as inventing a brush tool for the program.

By Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 25 July 2014 at 08:53 PM.