Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bouton's Wish List for version x10 (because x9 didn't have them!)

Quote Originally Posted by sgiff View Post
    However in the spirit of self torture and misery, I will list some of the features I would like to see:
    Ha!ha!ha!

I would love to see any of your suggestions in the next version.

It's indeed a torture in the sense that xara is still the most stable, ergonomic, fastest A to B vector program available. A couple of well targeted innovations would surely attract more graphic professionals to use it. There is no need to add a million features.

Not much innovation has sprung in the land of vector drawing in the last years, especially in the area of simplicity and clever user interfaces.

Marc

Hey Jon, the thing is the best code written was written 15 years ago or more when they were putting in the initial code for the super fast render engine which still beats anything on the planet for vector, then you had the extremely easy and intuitive tools that were part of the core program like easy corner rounding drop shadows, all stuff which was put in when the company was small so please don't say it takes a gang of ace programmers to make it happen. Also, the fact is they have been putting in features for users that want web design, photo manip and other tools like the ones you want for years while not focusing nearly as much on requests from people that would like to see some time spent improving the drawing/art functionality. Thanks for your comments.
    IP

We can now change the title of this topic to: Bouton's Wish List for version x11 (because x10 didn't have them!)...
    IP

I'll change the topic and hope someday someone with some spare time will grant one of these wishes!

Gary
    IP

You forgot "PRETTY PLEASE"
    IP

Default Bouton's Wish List for version 11: Please, or you'll never see the Shape tool again!

Perhaps I did, Fred.

And perhaps I didn't.

;)

-g
    Last edited by Gare; 24 July 2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to beg
    IP

Default Re: Bouton's Wish List for version 11: Please, or you'll never see the Shape tool aga

Personally, I think this thread should be retired and a new one started.

Why? Perhaps those at Xara who actually bother to read these posts get weary of reading through the multitude of long wish-lists, knowing that they mean little or nothing to those in charge. A new thread *might* bring back focus.
    IP

Default Verion 11 pleas have been redirected :)

I'm with you, Mike. You want to start a new one?

Me, I'd only ask that members refrain from a "laundry list" of personal desires, and present a terse, serious— and from an engineer's point of view. a do-able feature or two, such as being able to make your own Pressure Profile Brush. I like the Painter-like scatter brushes of little images, but sometimes you want/need a calligraphic pen—that has a hidden (underlying) spine you can go back and edit with the Shape tool. Corel, Illustrator, Xara. Only Xara has no such feature.

Perhaps if we keep the posts well-reasoned and brief, they'd be easier for TPTB to sift through them. It's worth a try.

I agree completely with Masque that someone is forgetting Xara is a vector drawing program.

++++++++++++++++++++++Done++++++++++++++++++++++++

The new thread addressing version 11 wishes is

RIGHT HERE

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 25 July 2014 at 07:17 PM.
    IP

Default Bouton's Group Wish List for version 11

Gary, this is probably a web design feature but it should apply to straight graphics drawings: each composite shape should have a Xara-generated Name that reflects some of its basic attribute in its filename rather than producing a string of numbers for png/jpgs that change on each publish. It is so wasteful having to Name all your own assets manually, especially imported images. Circle-diameter would be the simplest, Grouped_shape-width-height-rotation-live. Some shorthand that gives meaning to a blob. Images would be easy: Picture-name-scale-rotation-live.
    I don't care what it is, they simply should not be arbitrary numbers, more usable for humans. After all it is there to do our bidding.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Default Bouton's Group Wish List for version 11

x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dynamic-polygon.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	102964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-25-2014 2-48-13 PM.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	102965  

IP