Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X10 Released

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    Yesterday I also saw like that but the general experience since then is that this plug in makes the XDPX10 slow and sometimes even bringing such message

Attachment 102960

Generally who accustomed to the speed of Xara it is rather painful to wait for its start. Hard to say anything without emotions, what can imagine there was some business decision to put this to the program but technically became a huge challenge for the programmers to balance it into relatively stable state. Because currently not reproducably stable that is sure
    Thought I was the only one. Mind you I have failed to launch it in 32-bit or 64-bit on a different machine.
    How do I remove it entirely? I know I'll probably wait to the first application update, which I estimate will be in 3 days 17 hours from now.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

at a guess I'd say it was in Program Files...Xara Designer Pro X10\Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins

but that's only a guess based on what's gone before ... could be in a folder of it's own or elsewhere
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post

What I don't think xara realises is how annoying, disappointing and disrespectful it seems to Pro users to be put to the back of the release cycle. The pitfalls of doing it become really apparent in a year like this when there is so little new, and everyone else has had it first.
    The way Xara release their updates is commercially the logical way. To do what you suggest would mean Xara Ltd would have to hold back updates ready for release until all are complete across the whole set of programs for the cycle, and release them together, which benefits no-one, or have many more releases of XPro which would involve extra costs.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    at a guess I'd say it was in Program Files...Xara Designer Pro X10\Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins

but that's only a guess based on what's gone before ... could be in a folder of it's own or elsewhere
    Thank you very much for this - you were spot on.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

pleasure
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    The CD is just for back-up, the download will have been the latest version.

Make sure you go to Help and click on the download for Content Installer
    Thanks for the answer. Downloaded the content installer.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Hajeem,

The Burgeon ornaments font is in the first post of this thread as a download link:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...138#post440138

Right under the first image, above the video.

Mike
    I managed to download this very beautiful font. Thank you for all the hard work that has abviously gone into it to create it.

Does anyone know why I cannot get a upgrade price it keeps showing the full cost.
    I have put in a returning customer and it finds my name and address but wants to charge me $307.
    Using firefox on w7 64 bit computer.
    Peter

My first guess would be that the product(s) that you already own are not registered with them, so they don't know about it. I think that can only happen if you buy boxed copies from resellers and not directly from Xara.

If you go to xara.com, sign up (top right) and click on My Products, does anything show up there?
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Thanks Odat.
    I am registered have lodged a request for help.
    Peter