Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default July 2014 Giveaway - Twelve Mixed Theme Textures & Make a Sphere Tutorial

July 2014 Giveaway - Twelve Mixed Theme Textures & Make a Sphere Tutorial

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fell-off-a-truck-top-page-banner.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	102920

Because The Xara Xone has had over 45,000 downloads of seamless textures, a summer collection seemed in order. And we also need to find the pathological liar who gave us that statistic. 12 textures of mixed themes are all yours for the price of clicking the Download button, and because Gary showed how to make a cube out of a texture, it seems fitting to have a micro tutorial here on how to make a sphere out of one of the materials.

Let's see what you can do with these!
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: July 2014 Giveaway - Twelve Mixed Theme Textures & Make a Sphere Tutorial

Thanks for the great textures and tutorial, Gary.
    The metalwork texture immediately caught my eye, and with a few embellishments using Flaming Pear's Glitterato for the space background
    and their India Ink filter, I made the attached.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orb.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	102934  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: July 2014 Giveaway - Twelve Mixed Theme Textures & Make a Sphere Tutorial

NICE, Bob!

Funny: even after all these years, Glitterato is still my favorite starfield maker, and I use India Ink all the time for stochastic screening, which makes photocopying* a continuous tone photograph come out stylized and cleaner.

Really nice and inspired work!

* I cannot use the trade name Xerox in this post, so "photocopy" sort of means the same thing.

My Best,

Gary

Thanks for the tiles and the micro tut. Gary, here's what I came up

Stygg

Name:	Pandora.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	102936  

Oh, crap, you opened Pandora's box, stygg.
    And only the sphere didn't get out!

Now, we're going to have 7 years of pestilence, hoards of locusts destroying crops, and Kim Jong-il featured on the cover of Cosmopolitan as one of the Top 10 Sexist Men in the World, right behind Kevin Spacey and Sting.

(Gary slaps himself in the head and sobers up) Very nice work, stygg; you used two textures, right? And incorporated the previous tutorial on making cubes, right? That's putting your knowledge together, working hard to succeed!

And that must be the planet Pandora from Avatar, right?

-g

Correct on all five Gary. Now to try the 3D tips and tricks.

Stygg

Oooh
    , I've never been right five times. I'm running out to play the State Lottery right now.

It's up to 32 million, which is a lucky number, because I was 32 once.

Soon, I'll be 32 twice...

-g

Here's my sphere floating in a gravity field.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glowglobe3.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	103054

Ramalex9,

I haven't seen you post before on the Xara Xone area, so first of all, welcome!

Second of all, that is one heck of a nice composition! In addition to the texture you chose (which is one of my favourites), the shading is great, and your use of colors is inspired.

Very well done, and I hope to see more of your work in the future.

My Best,

Gary

Thanks, Gary, for the textures. I used the fisheye perspective on the bowl as well as the spheres - it gives a kind of hand-crafted look!

Name:	July 2014 giveaway.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	103092