Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default April 2014 Giveaway - Ten Free Textures and a Tutorial on how to Use Them

Using These Free Textures in a Novel Way

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10 new textures 325x450.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	101621

This month, Gary Bouton (online Gare) has created 10 all-new textures and a tutorial to top it off so you have more than new wallpaper for the effort of coming here! The designs are seamless, most of them are unlike anything you’ve seen before, and the tutorial gets into 3D, shading, perspective, hand-rendering imperfections, the Brightness Level tool, and what color we’re thinking of painting the dining room this summer.

So go get the textures, read a nifty tutorial and then come back here and show us how you use textures and suggest a tasty color for our dining room.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: April 2014 Giveaway - Ten Free Textures and a Tutorial on how to Use Them

Thanks for the interesting and enlightening tutorial, Gary.
    I rarely work with bitmap fills, and this taught me a lot about using levels and fitting fills to irregular rectangles.
    Good Fun.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cube tutorial.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	101626  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: April 2014 Giveaway - Ten Free Textures and a Tutorial on how to Use Them

Bob, I hope you had fun in the process, and your wooden block looks very, very excellent, man. I hope the overall experience has made you a little more amenable to using bitmaps once in a while. Vectors and bitmaps together are a powerhouse in graphics!

And Barb and I had a ball coding and getting your tutorial up. Ball o' fire!

And everyone? Don't forget that you can begin with an extruded cube that's at any angle and degree of perspective and use THAT to make an completely different-looking 3D cube. I think I put two wood textures in the ten-pack this month.

It's all good!

My Best,

Gary

Gare thanks for the topic this month, basically I neither the fun of bitmap manipulations so there were things to learn of course from it.

This scene did not mean to be horror like, but looking back to it a little bit can associate that For the axe used the same wood pattern but that object finally is an extrude

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Axe_m2.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	101630

Axe_m2.xar

Maybe you need a chicken on the block too.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I didn't create a chicken texture for this month's giveaway, Larry.

I've bee sure t put it on my To Do List,

-g

Thought I'd see how the cube looked with the oak1 fill.

Stygg

Name:	Cube.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	101652  

I like how you split the shadow between cast (the ground) and drop shadow (the brick wall).

You're doing great, stygg. Want to try more distressing (chips missing) from the cube? You know, I did drop it on hard concrete a few times before getting it into the house to photograph...

g

Cheers for comments Gary, I'll get my toolbox and apply the hammer and chisel technique to the chip later

Stygg

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi everyone I hope you had a happy Easter! I finally had some time to play with the textures!

Name:	texturefun.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	101664  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.