Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Photolooks custom Presets sharing thread

Now that Magic Bullet Photolooks comes with Xara products it gives you the ability to save and share presets! So you have taken the time to create a look you like, and created a custom preset so you can apply it to any photo with a single mouse click, and now you want to share it with the Xara community here at TG? Well this is the place for it! You can also set and share tool presets, that is single tools with custom settings and of course you are more than welcome to share those here as well

To create a custom preset there are two ways 1) from the file menu you can export a look file and 2) down at the bottom of the screen where it shows the look name. Once you change any settings on a preset you are creating a new unamed look double click to activate the name box and type in the name of your new look hit enter and that's it, it's saved and will show up in the preset list under custom.
    Custom tools can be set up in a similar way. It's basically setting a new custom default for a tool. Once you have a particular tool set the way you like it you can double click the tool name on the tool on the tool tray below your photo and type in a new name for your tool and hit enter and your new custom tool will appear in the tools list.

To share and install new looks you need to know where to find them, this took me some searching and video watching to do but I'll save you some time. for Windows 7 the path is C:/users/user name/ App Data/ local/ looksbuilder/ looks/ custom. And you will notice while you are in this looksbuilder folder that's where the custom tools are kept. You can easily zip these files and post the zip files here To install a custom file simply unzip it and copy and paste it into the custom looks folder.

There are some very useful videos found here: http://www.simonwalkerfreelance.com/rgs-quicktips/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Photolooks custom Presets sharing thread

Here is a custom preset to start things off. When posting presets please post a before and after thumbnail so we can see the effect and a brief description. With custom tools please provide a description of the new default settings you have saved.

Warm floral detail
    This preset give a slight warm glow to your floral shots and provides controls to bring up the details in your florals via two Pop tools, creating a look like your shots were taken in early morning sunshine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	originalrhodies.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	102930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floral warm detail thumb.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	102879  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by angelize; 22 July 2014 at 12:10 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

i think it would help people if the post showed a before as well as an after shot
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    i think it would help people if the post showed a before as well as an after shot
    agreed
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

And I agree too So I've edited my original post. Thanks for the suggestion Frank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	103153Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	103154

Here are a few of my "spot focus" custom looks. You will notice the in focus/soft focus areas. All of these can be adjusted easily to focus where you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for sharing these Rick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]