Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Photo looks discussion thread

See post #18 above
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Welcome to TalkGraphics marcomonte to get that you must purchase the program then you need to download and install the contact pack. If you have already done those, then download the contact pack and install it again and see if it now shows up. If you have and are using the trial version, it is not available to you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Having just bought XP&GD10, which I'm running on an XP SP3 system, when I try to run the Photo Looks plug-in, I get the following error .... IS anyone running it on XP successfully?

I have a 128 MB ATI Radeon 9600 (STOP LAUGHING) card (Actually it's an ASUS A9600) running Open GL 2.0 ... I think - One day when I'm rich and famous, I'll have to buy a new computer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015.10.12_18h14m20s_002.png 
Views:	649 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	110536
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 12 October 2015 at 11:29 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

http://www.redgiant.com/support/faq/...let-looks/441/ - could be new installs can't ... if you see what I mean
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Yes, I read that too John, it seemed to me that they have discontinued it from the suite. It doesn't say it will no longer run .... I've sent a ticket to Xara support anyway. I'll see what they say. Don't you ever sleep it's 3 a.m. there ...
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It's my nocturnal genes - my ancestors were fireplace guardians in some of the best caves

Support replied as follows:

"It does appear Photolooks needs a more beefier graphics card to run, it does take a lot of resources rendering the images and effects. On the bright-side, not long now before you can sell the card as an antique."

Pretty much what I expected ....
    Keith

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

TBH Keith you are not missing much. I think that Xara should pull photolooks I always had issues with it even with an good graphics card and a quad core PC. When I contacted Xara support I was told they had to pass my issues on to Red Giant so now that RG is no longer supporting it it makes no sense to keep it bundled.

. I use ON1 photo suite for most of my photo editing. It doesn't work as a plugin with Xara but it's awesome as a stand alone and you can get a version of the perfect effects module free. http://www.on1.com/apps/effects9free/

The folks at ON 1 posted once in their blog that they might be looking at supporting other non Adobe hosts in the future and Serif is pushing to get their foot in the door. I wish the folks at Xara would jump on this. http://www.on1.com/blog/page/5/
    Last edited by angelize; 13 October 2015 at 08:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Yes. I've had a look at PERFECT EFFECTS 9 FREE ... Trouble is my "wonderful" computer hasn't got a snowball's chance of running it. These are the specs it requires ... Since it needs *GB RAM that makes it a 64 bit machine, which I don't have.

If anyone rich wants to send me a new computer, I'll let you have my address ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015.10.13_22h51m20s_001.png 
Views:	507 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	110558

It needs much more power that PHOTO LOOKS. However, my office laptop runs Photo Looks fine, and to be honest, I'm not too bothered anyway. I have lots of other programs and Plugins that do the same job, and I don't use them either.
    Keith

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ohh yeah I forgot about the older computer I'd still love to see an On plug in that would run with Xara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.