Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Please bring back an option to use guide objects as slices

Now this makes more sence to me now as well. KIR 23 it would help if you could provide examples of the end results you want to achieve and see how we could reverse enginner it in Xara. For example can you supply us png's of road/dirt edges/grass that suit your requirements?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

yeh - do you need anti-aliasing? if not you can export without it by setting xara view quality to 'full colour' rather than very high quality - that might make it easier to get rid of all the chroma, but only if no anti-aliasing is acceptable

I have to say it was a bit confusing, still I have a better idea of what you are doing now
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

As I said that road/dirt/grass texture is a wrong example because in most cases it doesn't require alpha . I have other one : a fence with a gate part and a support part. All sharing some details , a net for example. and a concrete base maybe. Sorry I can't provide specific examples right now because everything I am doing currently is under NDA. But I will do a simple example a bit later.

And yes, anti-aliasing is absolute must in modern game textures for a number of things. For that fence net especially. And at the same time I don't need it for fence posts . One more plus of Xara I can easily set it in output to be then combined in other file with per pixel precision