I am sooo sorry if I am asking a repeat question, but I have been looking for hours and am just spinning my wheels.

I am using Xara Designer Pro 8. My page is at http://www.angelchild.com/AngelChildXara/legacies.php . Most of the instructions for what I want to do are there, but the first thing I am struggling with is that the block with the names in it (mid page in blue as they will be links) will grow; they are fed from a database. I would like the names to flow into a second column (as the names/column gets too long) moving from the left column to the right that starts with "Leigh: Children's names inserted here. I also need those name-blocks to expand downward as there are more names added when both columns are full.

Based on what I am reading and trying, a placeholder is what you need, but remains the size you make it and text will be hidden if it isn't big enough. Also, I believe text can't flow over to a second column; it will remain in one long column. I tried using a text flow box and placing the placeholder code within on the off chance that would work, but it didn't. The names all showing in one column will make for a very long page and for a lack of balance in this page. I will also have to come back occasionally and manually increase the size of my placeholder and lengthen my page - both not great solutions. Lots of advice I am seeing is from 2009 and later, and I am hoping someone has figured out a work around, or has some suggestions on how to accomplish what I am trying to do by now.

Oh, and I don't know PHP; I am having someone else do that and he's pretty frustrated with me working with Xara as the generated code is "unfriendly" to him. I need a friendly solution that will work for both of us. Any thoughts?

Anna