Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile Variant does not show on iPhone

I recently published a 480px mobile variant along with my main site, but the mobile version does not appear when viewing it on my iPhone. It just appears like the full site, which is not optimized for the smaller screen. My site is www.spscgym.com. I'm trying to get ahold of an Android to test it as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Mobile Variant does not show on iPhone

The site should also respond/resize if you simply resize your desktops browser width - but your site isn't. Preview the site locally in xara - does it resize when you make the browser width smaller? If yes then you might not have published it properly over the existing live site. If no then you need to check how you have your site variant setup in xara.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Hi,

This website appears to have been exported from version 8 (MX), which doesn't have the responsive web design feature, nor can I see any responsive script on your website. Are you sure that's the right website or have you published your V10 version to a different directory?

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks for the replies.

The site was originally created in version 8, but I upgraded to 10 Premium and have since changed and published content successfully on the main site. When previewing the site within Xara, the site is responsive when making the browser window smaller. I'm not sure why it wouldn't publish properly to include the mobile version since the main site is being updated with new content. Could it be something with my hosting and how the variant publishes? I'm lost here.

Try this. As long as the variant shows up when you preview your site and reduce the width of the preview browser, delete all the files on your server and republish your site.

Let us know if this works.

Indeed, the published website (www.spscgym.com) still appears to have come from MX, are you sure you are publishing to the correct sub-directory, and try what Gary suggests, delete the files and re-publish.