Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default F-key shortcuts lost in Windows 8

With a new laptop which came with Windows 8 installed I cannot use the F-key functions in Xara. E.g. F4 will not select the shape tool but instead insists on showing the Windows 8 screen projection option, F6 is speaker volume not transparency tool. Does anyone know how to switch this off and allow Xara to control the F-keys as in Win 7 etc?
    Thanks
    Steve

Default Re: F-key shortcuts lost in Windows 8

If it is a small keyboard with fewer keys than normal (say 90 versus 105), you may have to press an extra Function key to access the F-keys.
    What is its make and model?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

slast - I have Windows 8.1 on my computer and all Xara products and the only hot key that does not work for me is Ctrl Alt C which I think is being used by some other program.

Do the hot keys work with other applications?

Acorn's suggestion makes sense to me.

No I think it is a normal full keyboard, it's a Samsung NP350V 15" with 12 F keys. However your question just caused me to take a good look at the keyboard - there's a key there I'd never noticed before labelled "Fn lock" which turns it on and off !! So problem solved ....... thanks anyway!!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by slast View Post
    No I think it is a normal full keyboard, it's a Samsung NP350V 15" with 12 F keys. However your question just caused me to take a good look at the keyboard - there's a key there I'd never noticed before labelled "Fn lock" which turns it on and off !! So problem solved ....... thanks anyway!!
    Steve
    It was a lucky guess.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat