Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help needed in drawing subatomic particle spirals

Particle accelerators like Cern, smash atoms which send of subatomic particles that leave traces on plasma. The charged particles spin away in tightening spirals. How would I use Xara PGD9 to duplicate these tightening and often imperfect spirals with Xara? I could do them free hand on my Intous tablet, but it would be hard to get just right. I was hoping Xara could add more precision but still allow the spirals to be assymetric and not look too perfect. Any ideas and examples?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CernParticles.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	102754
    Subatomic particle tracing from Cern

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Help needed in drawing subatomic particle spirals

Xara doesn't have a spiral quickshape, It's been asked for often over the years but hasn't been included. There is however a free spiral generator that you can download from the Xara Xone shareware pages in the archives. SPX was created by a TG member Dmitry Malutin for use with Xara. you can drag and drop directly from SPX into Xara and you will get a vector line. To get the imperfectness you could then use the shape tool to edit it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imperfect spirals.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	102755  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I've tried using the Shape Tool with Curve and Smooth join set.
    I set two initial point, then a third 90 degrees and half the length.
    The fourth 90 degrees again and half the length of the third.
    Repeat until bored.

You then have to adjust the curve slightly between the first and second points and the last two.

You can vary the ratio of adjacent lines.

You can throw in a Mould Envelope to get a perspective.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here's my atempt. I used Inkscape to create the spirals, only two of them, cut & copied into Xara. The copy on the right is a 85% jpg, the one on the left a 40% jpg which gives it a rougher texture.
    The spirals where to accurate & required pulling about a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghc2.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	102759  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Those look great, thanks everyone!