Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation NEED HELP ASAP! Please?? Internal Program Error: 6638.k.sp.ad

I finally decided to take the leap from Designer Pro7 and download the trial of Pro X9. However, I am finding the technical errors more time consuming than I would like.

Right now, each time when I open up the program I am getting an Internal Program Error: 6638.k.sp.ad message. Additionally, it won't allow me to adjust the page length. When I uncheck All pages in the document the same, and then hit apply, the page background on all pages disappears. For the particular page in question, I need to extend the length of it for an ecwid shopping widget.

Also, I've used the feature of pasting items to the pasteboard background, extending to fit the browser window, however, now, one of the footer graphics is not being allowed to be copied and pasted to Layer1 and repeating on all pages. (this particular graphic not only needs to extend the width of the window, but needs to also be seen on the footer of the page.

Gary, can you help? I've emailed tech about the Internal Program Error, and I've only got the extended trial running at this moment, but this is really making me wonder if I should just revert back to Pro7 and revamp some things. FYI, I have restarted my computer a number of times, have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the program, I have also renamed a backup version... So... I'm left in a quandary and the program is acting quite buggy and I've spent the better part of today trying to get moving forward, not sideways...

Any help any of you can give will be greatly, greatly appreciated!! Especially since I need, need, need to get this site online asap.

Default Re: NEED HELP ASAP! Please?? Internal Program Error: 6638.k.sp.ad

Try right-clicking on the program icon (with the program closed) and selecting Run As Administrator. This often cures a multitude of similar issues.

You only need do this one time. It will either work or it won't. If it does not, and the problem continues after a reboot, report back and we'll explore other remedies.

Hi Gary -
    I just tried both. The program started up fine, but then I opened up the file and again, the same error message came up. I rebooted with that file still open and it is still there... next?

I'm having a variety of issues: the navigation buttons are now non-functional, if I try to adjust the page length then a default page background appears, naming itself page background (2), along with the program error. I've come so far on this project, and it's just about done...
    Last edited by designermary; 10 July 2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: added comments

Arg!

Does this happen if you create a new document? Sometimes a file gets corrupted.

If this happens with new documents then please file a support ticket at support.xara.com

In creating a new blank page, it appears, without doing anything, that this opens ok. Any suggestions on how to uncorrupt a file? copy/paste into a new document I fear may also transfer whatever coding/arrangements that the program did not like. This is an important project and I'm losing time and money to get this on track. I have just ftp'd the file to support and hope they will be able to help me sort out the issues. Thank you again for your help Gary.

Well, hmm? One thing you can try and this may or may not work, is right click and select Copy Page.

Open a new page and Edit > Paste > Paste Page.

If this creates the same issues then try creating a new blank page the same size, and Copy from the bad page and Paste in Place on the new page, testing as you go along to see if any of the items pasted might be causing these vexations (I always wanted to use that word)

Excellent word usage!! I'll give it a go and keep you posted. Thank you!

Support just replied with the following - so between the two, hopefully I can get this project back on track. Thank you again and I will let you know the outcome.

The internal error is being caused by the last three pages on your document, 6 - 8, and specifically the "Page Background(2)" layer. This is also causing the extra page layer to be produced when you extend the page. Do you know how this happened in originally?

I'll forward your file to the developers for them to have a look at and try to establish why this is happening. In the meantime, if you delete the layers from the last three pages, which will unfortunately delete the page and pasteboard background layer from your other pages, which you will need to right-click > Page Background > Reset and reconstruct it.

The navigation problem is being caused by your header group covering the buttons up. If you move it to the MouseOff layer, and then select the buttons and bring them to the front (Ctrl + F), they should start working.

The ecwid widget seems to extend for me, however the contents still appear as one row of information. If you right-click the widget > Web Properties > Placeholder and change the code where it says:

views=grid(1,4)
    to
    views=grid(2,4)

It then expands onto two rows.