Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using text anchors

I'm at it again! Just don't know how to do it with DP X9....

I have a couple of pages that contain a LOT of information. Rather than turn it into several targeted pages I want to just use text anchors to jump quickly to different sections and return to the top of the page just as easily. I can do this if I'm working with HTML but I'm just not getting it with DP!

How do I accomplish this with Xara?

Thanks!

Default Re: Using text anchors

Highlight a line of text where you wish to add an anchor. Right click with the Text Tool and select Names...

Give the anchor a name.

Use the Link to Anchor link method.

Aha!! I knew there had to be a simple way around this! Thanks!!

There usually is. We just forget what it is.

Not sure why this is not working. I select a line of text, right click and give it a name. I then open the navbar settings and choose link to anchor, select the name I have created and click ok.
    What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by actionit View Post
    Not sure why this is not working. I select a line of text, right click and give it a name. I then open the navbar settings and choose link to anchor, select the name I have created and click ok.
    What am I missing?
    How far away is the Link object to the Anchor point?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn

I've got it going but had to create a new object for the anchor point. I'm using a template so must be something to do with the way the text is embedded in the site.
    Thanks for the reply

Welcome. Out of sheer curiosity. What template and approximately which text block?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat