Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Linking to pages in subdomains

This is probably a goofy question but that's the kind I usually ask so I won't be insulted if the answer's obvious....

I'm using Designer Pro X9 to redesign a web site. I have the main section (www.mydomain.com) then I have several subdomains (subdomain1.mydomain.com, subdomain2.mydomain.com, etc.) Also, under my domain & under each subdomain there are Page1, Page2, and so on. Part of my question is about those page names, too.

So:

A) How do I link to pages in one subdomain from the main site or from another subdomain? Is this syntax correct?
    B) Is the ".htm" necessary in the link? Or do I follow the same naming convention as within the pages under each "index"?

I'm constantly guilty of overthinking myself into counter-intuitiveness-isms ( THERE's a $5 word for y'all!!) & this may be a classic example, but thanks for the assist!!

Jack

Default Re: Linking to pages in subdomains

Jack, you only need subdomain1/pagename.htm from the top.
    Subdomains to subdomains would be ../subdomain2/pagex.htm from other subdomains.
    The htm is needed.

If you are concerned about the syntax you can use the approach you've listed.

You can call your pages anything.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If you publish to subdomain as if it were a unique website, then just publish each subdomain as index.htm or index.html. This way the link can be mydomain.com/subdomain/

The browser will automatically load the index file.

Thanks! I kinda figured it out after I posted. I'm just rusty. I haven't used subdomains in several years and just drew a blank. Everything's working as it should. I didn't post back because it was 3 am and I was whipped.

Thanks again!!

Glad it worked out OK.