Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Parallax Scrolling

Just been messing about to see if it was difficult to do parallax scrolling in Xara.
    The most difficult part was getting the start and end positions to match.
    Here's the output as swf converted to html via swiffy outcome:
    http://www.parkeston.com/fun/desert/...animation.html

I've attached the xar if anyones interested.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Parallax Scrolling

That is VERY good. All it needs is a Road Runner, beep beep! And thanks for bringing me into the present, re Swiffy... had no idea it existed, interesting to see the extremely awkward shift from Flash to HTML 5 still lurching along. Always enjoyed Xara's simple Flash editor, tried to get them to add basic per-frame sound capability for e-learning, but that never happened... too late now, Adobe's got that market locked up with Captivate.

I still like Flash, and feel that it is far better than HTML 5 for highly graphical complex user-driven simulations, particularly when Actionscripted with several variables all interacting with each other. Would have been great on iPads, for on-the-job training...
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Brilliant!

nice one Mr Bramhill
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank's Gary/Jon/Handrawn

I've developed this a bit more to try to get 2 swiffy files play one above the other and it works excellently.

See here:
    http://www.parkeston.com/fun/desert/...-combined2.htm

I'll attach the two additional xar files used to create the animation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Tipping my hat too. Neat.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Very neat. Running on my iPad with no problems. Now... I suppose the dragonfly layer could be user selectable? Dragonfly, or road-runner, etc, etc?

Also, remembering when I made Flash pieces using Xara, that I could put buttons here and there to jump the user to different frames. Does Swiffy translate that at all?

In any case, what you are showing so far is fascinating... the movement at different speeds in the parallax example... and now the independent overlay. Walt Disney would have loved it!

Cheers Acorn & John,

It's great to see it works on all devices too. It runs a very slow on my mobile but I don't know what that's down to. Memory, CPU, Graphics Card? But you can view it on your device by scanning this QR Code.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Just took a quick look at the Google Swiffy site... says that it now supports Flash with Actionscript 3.0 ... if this proves out, it would allow complex multivariable simulations to run ANYWHERE. Like on this iPad. Too good to be true? Will dig out some old Flash pieces and see. As for WD 10, is this something that Xara could build in as a feature, to sort of automate for the crafter and scrapbooker market?

Hi Jon,

I can't honestly answer your questions as I only have Flash 8. Since Adobe took over Macromedia Flash the upgrades became far to expensive

But Swiffy is GOOD. It works with most Xara created swf's but it does baulk at Flash made AS2 generated files. Whether it's better with Flash made AS3 files you'll need to advise me
    Egg