Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: email link

Default email link

Is there a way to link text line to an email and have subject line and body text completed?

Diana

Default Re: email link

Yes, just select the text and link it to:
    myemail@address.com?body= Welcome. How can I help%3F subject=Subject%20Line
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ahhh THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Note it has limitations: http://isolani.co.uk/articles/mailto.html.

That said, I use it regularly.

A wrinkle you may need: mailto:someone@example.com?subject=Email%20Suggestions&body=name:%0Aemail:
    The first bold escape characters (%20) are used to allow spaces safely. The second forces a new line.

Acorn

mailto: to set the recipient, or recipients, separate with comma
    &cc= to set the CC recipient(s)
    &bcc= to set the BCC recipient(s)
    &subject= to set the email subject, URL encode for longer sentences, so replace spaces with %20, etc.
    &body= to set the body of the message, you can add entire sentences here, including line breaks. Line breaks should be converted to %0A.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have always used a ?. myname@myname.com?subject=Text to appear in the Subject line.

I guess this is one area where HTML is more forgiving or more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have always used a ?. myname@myname.com?subject=Text to appear in the Subject line.

I guess this is one area where HTML is more forgiving or more flexible.
    Bedtime reading: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2368.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, correct Gary, so did I
    myemail@address.com?body= Welcome. How can I help%3F subject=Subject%20Line

just after the email address. And as Acorn points out I also believe there should be a ampersand (&) before the word subject.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well, it works the way I have been using it with the ?. So what is the advantage (if any) of using an & instead of a ? ?

Non at all Gary, that's exactly what I'm saying. The ? should preceed the & (or &'nd's)
    Egg

Hi,

This is almost all covered in the XDPX10 manual, page 397, except for the subject. Thanks for that!

I have a minor problem with the preview. When I click on the email link in Preview, it opens my Outlook and opens/creates two replies instead of one. When I run the preview with IE, it only opens 1 reply, as it should. Anyone else notice this? Preview Bug?