Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to replace all the same inages on a page?

Keeping its transformations. coor variations, crops etc intact. I can do so by drag and drop with Shift key in my Xara 5. It allows to easily update the page when source image is also updated. Something that Photoshop implemented only recently.

Now I am trying to do the same in the Xara trial and it updates only currently selected image, no all the pieces of the same image.

Default Re: How to replace all the same inages on a page?

Quote Originally Posted by KIR23 View Post
    Keeping its transformations. coor variations, crops etc intact. I can do so by drag and drop with Shift key in my Xara 5. It allows to easily update the page when source image is also updated. Something that Photoshop implemented only recently.

Now I am trying to do the same in the Xara trial and it updates only currently selected image, no all the pieces of the same image.
    in name gallery find "old" bitmap >>> select fill tool >>> select new bitmap from combo box

Quote Originally Posted by huorn View Post
    in name gallery find "old" bitmap >>> select fill tool >>> select new bitmap from combo box
    Thank you

This behavior was changed a few versions ago.

Now you can right click on a photo and select Create Live Copy. Any change you make to the original, including editing with any of the Photo Tool > Enhance settings will be applied to all live copies.

It's very pity since both fill button and live copy don't allow to replace things the same easy. I really like 64 bit Xara and much more stable work with big bitmaps but now I can't just drag and drop a couple of images to turn my albedo color texture design into a normal map or specular one on a next page.

It was a huge feature actually, a small touch of non-destructive approach Photoshop is always lacking

ps. Live copy doesn't suite at all since it shifts and can't be placed to other page automatically and the fill button changes the fill position. So I still don't see any solution
    Last edited by KIR23; 07 July 2014 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KIR23 View Post
    fill button changes the fill position.
    i may be wrong, but try to change value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\7.1\Opti ons\Dragging\SmartDropBehaviour from 1 to 0
    +check version, in this case 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by huorn View Post
    i may be wrong, but try to change value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\7.1\Opti ons\Dragging\SmartDropBehaviour from 1 to 0
    +check version, in this case 7.1

no, it doesn't help unfortunately

have you tried dragging from the bitmap gallery with ctrl+shift
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

oh and you asked about feathering alpha bitmaps in another thread - if you mean just feather around the border and not around the visible pixels, then you could try clipping with clipview, that may do what you want
    Nothing lasts forever...

I just checked and a combination of ctrl+shift drag and live copies appears to update all the bitmaps without repositioning the fill, including across the pages - not sure if that fixes your problem or not ?
    Nothing lasts forever...