Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash has white background...

I tried to remove the background from the flash image completely but it keeps coming up as white when I imbed it in my webpage. I went to the properties of the animation and selected "area to save" in the Flash Options and even though I didn't save it as a .gif, I also went to the GIF tab in the properties and changed it to transparent background. But still, when I reload the file into my website, it has a white background! ARGH! Can anyone help me with this? It needs to have a transparent background!
    DJFiniteSampleFlash.swf
    Coleen
    "Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of how deeply we loved."

Default Re: Flash has white background...

Okay, I found the problem (or at least part of it...) in the imbedded flash script I had set the width and height of the object too big. I made it the same size as my file and that worked...except it has a "shadow" effect now with white lines right around the borders. Any suggestions on how to get it to smoothly imbed on the website with no borders? I don't have any borders listed in the code:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="Images/DJFiniteSampleFlash.swf" width="464" height="138">
    <param name="movie" value="Images/DJFiniteSampleFlash.swf" />
    </object>
    Coleen

Coleen, are you creating this swf in Xara? If so all that's required is to create a placeholder the same size as your original Xara file. Then use the link dialogue window to embed your swf file on the page.

Here's two example files:

You'll need to export the dj-finite.xar as a swf animation to the same folder as the dj-finite-in-placeholder to view it in preview.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replace-with-flash.png 
Views:	388 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	102687  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg I appreciate it. I am creating the the .swf in Xara, but the website is created in ASP.Net and I am using this code to imbed it:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="Images/DJFiniteSampleFlash.swf" width="464px" height="138px" >
    <param name="movie" value="Images/DJFiniteSampleFlash.swf" />
    </object>

I do have the .swf file in the images folder. I had gone back yesterday and fixed the width and height to match that of the flash file, and since the background of the web page I'm trying to imbed it in is black, I added a black rectangle to the flash file and re-saved it and re-imported it into the image file. Now it looks like it has a tiny white border around it and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get rid of the border! I don't htink there is a way to put a place holder in the HTML part of the ASPX page - is there any HTML code for that?
    Coleen

Hi Coleen,

I'm afraid I've no experience with ASP Net so I can't help there. Instead of using a black rectangle in Xara, delete them then right click over a clear part of the page background & select Page Background / Edit Page Colour and set it to black. Does this make any difference?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Let me try that...I couldn't see where in the Page Set-up to change the page color, so now that I know where to go to do that I'll try it, thank you! I'll let you know if it works...
    Coleen

It worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Coleen

My pleasure
    Egg