Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Link to own page doesn't work

Sorry Acorn, wasn't being obstructionable.

Really there's three steps to do after you've amended your xar/web file:

1: Save the xar/web file

2: Export (re-export) the Web Document

3: Publish the website.

In other words, if you don't re-export the web document after amendments you're just going to keep re-publishing the old site. Is that clearer?

So yes you were correct but step 2 needs to be done and I missed out step 3
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

When I click on the flag in Preview, I get this:knoblimo.web
    In Filezilla I see that I have duplicates of the English htm-files inside index_htm_files.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linked-in-filezilla1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	102666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linked-in-filezilla2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	102667  

Maybe I did not sent the web-file. Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Hymer,

The attached web file has no content

I don't know exactly how your server is set up but I think you may be publishing the site to the wrong folder.

I can't tell you which one it should be, but I expect it should be the folder "web" however please ask your Web Hosting company first.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It is in sub-folder, because I try to save money and have several homepages on the same server. This is a sub-domain, but it have worked antill now, untill my friend asked an updating. However, it is no problem with the folder. Sorry about the empty file, now this is better.

The reason your language buttons aren't working is the mouse-off layers have links to "../" whilst the mouse-over layers have the correct links.

In the index page:

1: You need to remove the current links from the mouse-off & mouse-over Hungarian flag images.

2: drag select over both images on both layers.

3: Apply a Soft-Group.

4: Apply the link to the correct page.

Repeat this for the mouse-off & mouse-over British flag images.

As for the sub folder, I still think it's in the wrong place. Can you send a screen-grab of the web folder?
    Egg

Good call Egg,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you, Egg! Now the links are working, but the whole site is messed up somehow. I shall try to repair it tomorrow.
    The web-folder is contenting a WordPress-site, it is not ready yet. But they worked very well beside each other untill now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-folder.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	102683  

Cheers Acorn.

Hymer, still don't understand your server file structure but never mind

Yes, I notice that there are several things that also needed sorting and for some reasons have become "broken".

The one that puzzles me the most is your background image that is missing on some pages but the most puzzling aspect is on the pages that it's present it cant be selected.

Here's what happens if I transfer it to a page with a single layer, just containing it and nothing else. I can't click select it nor can I select it by doing a CTRL+A (select all)

I've attached it. Does anyone else see the odd behaviour with this xar?
    Egg

Thank you, now it works. I have a simple problem left. I should like to put a white rectangle as background for the prices as you see behind the Mercedes 212 on http://www.knoblimo.com/prices.htm. I tried to make the same for Viano and on the Hungarian "dijszabas" page, but the rectangle disappears. I tried everything, to bring it to front or make group or soft group with the text and change layer. The rectangles don"t appear . What can I do?