Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Link to own page doesn't work

There are 10 pages in http://www.knoblimo.com/. 5 English and 5 Hungarian. I provided the web properties of the Hungarian flags with the name of the corresponding Hungarian page. But these links doesn't work. You can find them on the address http://www.knoblimo.com/magyar.htm. How could I fix the web properties? (I still use XWD6)

Default Re: Link to own page doesn't work

The Hungarian flag button is linked to http://www.knoblimo.com and not to http://www.knoblimo.com/magyar.htm.

Every flags are linked to the right Hngarian page in XWD, they are saved and published as as you see in the attachments. If I click on the flag in preview, I get icons and maps as if would browse after a file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linked.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	102623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linked2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	102624  

...but they are not working on the site.

The safest thing to do it to delete all content in the site folders and republish.

If you do not use an FTP program (e.g., Filezilla), use Utilities > Web Properties... > Publish > Publish to... > Settings... and click the Explore web space button and delete content from there.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you, I use Filezilla and I deleted all content many-many times. I have not Explore web space in my Utilities, but however, I use Filezilla, I deleted and published again and again.

Hymer,

You need to have the UK & Hungarian flags point to their equivilant page in the other language on all pages:

Currently the UK flag isn't linked to anything and the Hungarian flag is linked to the English index.htm on all pages
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double-language-site.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	102626  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Your screen-grab does show that you are using the correct form of linking, so I have two questions:

1: Do these links work using the Preview Website button?

2: Are you Exporting your website each time you're making changes to it?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Your screen-grab does show that you are using the correct form of linking, so I have two questions:

1: Do these links work using the Preview Website button?

2: Are you Exporting your website each time you're making changes to it?
    Egg, don't you mean Publishing in (2)?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn. No, I think you have to export (re-export) the website prior to publishing it. I always do anyway. Am I missing something? Not difficult
    Egg

Egg, it was not stating you then needed to publish. If that step is omitted no amount of exporting gets to the final site.
    In this case, it would be a local export than a FileZilla upload for the publish step.

Hymar, you need to upload your design file here and I am sure a TGer will make the necessary changes across all ten pages for it to work.

Good luck,
    Acorn