Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XARA Webdesigner 10 - Supersite, Pasteboard Background, Transitions

Hi
    I defined in Webdesigner 10, three pages as supersites, vertical (Utilities/Web Export Options).
    Can I define for each page a different Picture to use on pasteboard background ?
    If yes, can I make them fade in (still want to leave the supersite on vertical) ?

I like a similar site like: http://livedemo00.template-help.com/...9159/#homePage
    Possible some how ?

Thanks

Default Re: XARA Webdesigner 10 - Supersite, Pasteboard Background, Transitions

Hi erde

I am not sure but there is always one way to find out. Try it.

That said, I think by its nature, a vertical super site is one page. But you can try creating one or two more sites and then linking back and forth.

Each site will need to go in its own folder. For example, mysite.com for the main site (substitute your domain name) and then mysite.com/supersite-2 and mysite.com/supersite-3

Publish the additional super sites to separate folders just like normal websites, index.htm and then link to the physical URL for the folders (as I suggested above) instead of pages.

Hi gwpriester

Thanks for your reply.
    1. I have a conventional website containing e.g. 3 pages (index a, index b, index c) with 3 different pasteboard background images.
    2. Then I changed this conventional site to a supersite (utilities/web export options -> Supersite and vertical). That worked like a charm.
    3. Now, I want that the pasteboard image fades in when I change to index b, index c, index a.

Ist that possible ?

The site http://livedemo00.template-help.com/...9159/#homePage does not contain this fade in effect.

I just tried this, and here is what I discovered.

You can only have one pasteboard color or texture for a Supersite.

You cannot have page transitions with a Vertical or Horizontal site.

You can add navigation buttons, but they automatically scroll to the next page, previous page, or any page that you link the button to.

If you use Supersite > Transitions, then you can have different pasteboard colors/textures, and you can have the same or different page transitions.

Open the attached transitions.web file and preview the entire site.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi gwpriester

I see what you mean. Maybe I have to design my site in an other way.
    Thank you very much for your help and detailed information.

I am happy to help.