Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Removing object from behind a windshield

Hello all, new to this forum, and fairly new to Paintshop Pro x5. Oh I've played with PSP since version 6 I think, but I've just really started getting more serious about learning the intricacies of the program. Which leads me to my question....

I take a lot of pictures of cars. Sometime the location isn't optimal, or I'd like to remove the background and place the car somewhere else. (Like instead of being in my driveway, I'd like it to appear to be at the beach ). I have learned how to remove the general background, but I'm having a problem removing the background seen through the windshield, and then replacing the glass, and making it look convincing. Can anybody offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    IP

Default Re: Removing object from behind a windshield

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Check back in a while and see if any of our Corel users have a suggestion.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by MirageII View Post
    Hello all, new to this forum, and fairly new to Paintshop Pro x5. Oh I've played with PSP since version 6 I think, but I've just really started getting more serious about learning the intricacies of the program. Which leads me to my question....

I take a lot of pictures of cars. Sometime the location isn't optimal, or I'd like to remove the background and place the car somewhere else. (Like instead of being in my driveway, I'd like it to appear to be at the beach ). I have learned how to remove the general background, but I'm having a problem removing the background seen through the windshield, and then replacing the glass, and making it look convincing. Can anybody offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    You could select the glass area> keep the selection in place.
    Promote to a New Layer, (right-click on the layer and select Promote to Layer, then delete the selected area in the bottom layer.
    You could just lower the opacity of the layer or first apply a Gaussian Blur, experiment how much is needed, if any.
    I attach a screenshot of a similar thing I did the other day in PSPX6. I didn't blur the window glass as the background wasn't very 'busy'.

The Layers Palette in your version is not likely to look like mine as I customized it :-)

Hope this helps.
    :-)
    Grenou

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	window.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	102660

Edit: My goodness that image is tiny, even after clicking on it, it wasn't when I attached it. I hope you can see it.
    Last edited by Grenou; 02 July 2014 at 11:52 PM. Reason: shock! at the size of the attachment
    IP

Thank you for the input. I'll have to give that a try. I opened the pic in PSPx5 and I think I understand what you are suggesting. I'll give it a shot. At least I now have some idea what needs to be done. Thank you very much.
    IP

Good luck :-)

Grenou
    IP