Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default need some advice on a photo manipulation project

I am working on a photoshop manipulation project. Just an Idea I thought about that will be using turtles. What I am wanting to do is make the turtle's shell shiny and colored like that of a car. I have attempted this by using the quick selection tool to select the shell then adding color and using bevel in blending mode. This did not come out quite right. I have also thought of removing parts from actually car pictures and warping them into shape. This would take some time to do. Is there any other ways to do this? I have done a couple of photo manipulations before, but I'm a little bit stumped on this one. I am fairly new to this, but have a little bit of knowledge. I have provided the picture I am wanting to use so you can see. Thank you in advance for your help.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fl box turtle side2.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	102529
    IP

Default Re: need some advice on a photo manipulation project

I'm not sure what effect you want to achieve, can you send me some more samples?
    IP

Probably what I would try first is trace around the shell creating a mask then you could work on that till you get the results you want. Then when you get something you want group said mask and photo together. Just don't move it and you may need to clone the mask, hard to say at this point what tools and operations you will need to do.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Is it something like this you want your image to look like? This is just using the freehand mask region tool then the brightness levels but there is more you could do but all this is done in Xara, no nothing about photoshop.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fl box turtle side2.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	104050  
    Last edited by stygg2003; 27 September 2014 at 08:46 PM.
    IP

that looks good Stygg. Somehow I have the impression he wants it to be sort of a shiny metallic chrome like look. Maybe you are right on.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP