Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: June 2014 Video Tutorial - Creating 3D Semi-Transparent Cubes in Xara

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I decided to apply the techniques to a glass bottle.
    Very effective Frances. I like it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: June 2014 Video Tutorial - Creating 3D Semi-Transparent Cubes in Xara

Thanks stygg, Gary, and Larry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Francis I used your image as a guide to create a glass bottle using the techniques we learned from the trans. cube video. I was going to post my image separately but it looked good along side yours so I added a couple of text lines for a Hers and Him image, hope you don't mind, if you do, please feel free to remove it. Thanks for posting your image I would not have thought of using the techniques on a bottle.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	102672  

You folks are really very impressive with the perfume bottle.

Bear with me here, to add a few observations: first, you're dead on with any reflections you might have going on with the bottle because it's planar.

But you also have some curving surfaces, and if this was glass, specular highlights would occur. And they'd have well-define, not diffuse, specular highlights because glass is almost a perfectly reflective, smooth surface. Nice what you've done so far, especially stygg with the highlight on the top.

My tutorial this month is how to make a semi-transparent object, not necessarily glass, though. If you want some hints for glass, see the tutorial on the differences between plastic and meta.

Here's not-to-good crack at reproducing your bottle in a modeling program.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parfum.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	102673

Do you see any artifacts across its surface you might want to add to your splendid drawings?

My Best,

Gary

Gare thanks for the tutorial, very interesting topic, really good to remember to your shadow technique.

Well relating this scene, not sure what is it or where Those objects behind finally are just some extreme size extrudes with playing their lights

Name:	AbstractTranspCube.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	102695

AbstractTranspCube.xar

I really like what you did, csehz, combining and contrasting a hard-edge, inorganic object with a background that reminds me of those fluorescent sea sponges and stuff miles below the ocean.

You instantly inspired me to do this:

Name:	blue-ice.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	102702

My Best,

Gary

Thanks Gare, a modelling program generates such beautiful objects behind? Recently I had some tries with Blender, seeing what it can do by my computer hardly would survive such a rendering process

I was just considering yet how to extrude transparent cubes in Xara? So using extrudes not only for the tracing as reference, but exclusively those.

Finally came out with this idea, not sure there is something there they are just tries. The point of it would be putting over 3 transparent cubes which angles are in exactly 90 difference in a certain dimension

Name:	3x3D.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	102707

3x3D.xar
    Last edited by csehz; 06 July 2014 at 07:30 AM.

Blender....

I have really wanted to like it but everytime I have tried to do anything with it, that awful user interface have made me walk away from the software. It was pretty much like going back in time to year 1990 when software on Amiga platform had interfaces like that.

Shame really as the capabilities of the software seem pretty good otherwise.

@csehz—

That is a WONDERFUL variation on the basic tutorial. It's exciting in its approach and its depth!

My Best,

Gary

P.S. I used XenoDream, an inexpensive organic modeling program that generates fractal sculptures, and then used Maxwell Render ot set up lighting, materials, and render the aquatic scene. It was O/T and I really shouldn't have posted it.

My Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by theinonen View Post
    Blender....

I have really wanted to like it but everytime I have tried to do anything with it, that awful user interface have made me walk away from the software
    somewhere, rotting away on a backup drive, i have a copy of bryce2, if you remember that
    i used it once and hated its ui so much i never used it again
    what a waste
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.