Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Xara Applications - use of jQuery

Adding a photo carousel or other similar widget has the advantage of jQuery being also being published.

Does this version change as new jQuery version arise?
    Is CDN ever used?
    When not included, what is the best Site Head code that I should be including?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Applications - use of jQuery

Sad I had to answer this myself.
    It seems there is a special Name (UsesJQuery) that is an undocumented feature that still works.

This article (http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-A-Attach-File) mentions a lot of intentions that, 3 years on, I would appreciate hearing if development was ever taken down this route.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Bug Re: Xara Applications - use of jQuery

Dear Xara...

Six years on with you continuing to force jQuery v1.11.1, with a publish date of 2005, on us, is there any chance of a simple conversation as to how to prevent this loading and replace it with a more current version?

jQuery is loaded in with a Web Animation, a Slider or the undocumented UsesJQuery Name.

I thought all would be well with using:
    Code:
    <script>$.noConflict(true);</script>

<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.5.1.min.js" integrity="sha256-9/aliU8dGd2tb6OSsuzixeV4y/faTqgFtohetphbbj0=" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
    If fails when there is a copy of a Nivo Slider in a Variant.
    Without the above code, all is well. This is despite the sliders all having different IDs.

Despairing,
    Acorn

Dear Xara...

I have now gone as far as coding up the following:

<script>
    var $jq = jQuery.noConflict(true);
    </script>
    <script
    src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.5.1.min.js"
    integrity="sha256-9/aliU8dGd2tb6OSsuzixeV4y/faTqgFtohetphbbj0="
    crossorigin="anonymous">
    </script>

I was hoping to benignly factor out jQuery v1.1.1.
    It works but falls foul of the stale code moribund in the Nivo Slider and, seemingly, all the other dynamic offerings you have in the On-line Content Catalogue: sliders, charts, zoom widgets.

Can we PLEASE have an upgrade to jQuery as it is being flagged with four major security flaws.
    The collateral damage is clearly all the stale code in widgets where you have failed to update.

The same failing to upgrade third party components is becoming more and more embarrassing; I have mentioned them all before but ani.css and the built-in web server spring immediately to mind.

Acorn

Don't you ever tire of knocking your head against a brick wall Acorn? Keep up the good fight!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Don't you ever tire of knocking your head against a brick wall Acorn? Keep up the good fight!