Well they have been showing vids on these two tools for ages but now you can buy it for $200 US only. Can't remember what their development names were but it was Napoleon and something else but it always looked promising. Had a look at the videos and it still looks good but $200 it's a lot for a portable sketching aid to use with an iPad. have a look here: http://helpx.adobe.com/ink-and-slide.html

I like the idea of using a tablet as nearly waterproof paper where you could sketched where you were then take it back home where you could carry on using the tablet or import it into to PS or AI. Now there were a few problems with this continual zoomimg was one, the heal of you hand/underside of pinky touching the screen an other, to use a finger or pen, the one that I thought was the most important.

Take the pen/finger problem as I could never get the line to draw where I wanted it when I used my finger and the pens on offer were as bad as the majority of the had huge nib points. The only two that got near solving the problem was Wacom Bamboo (small stylus tip) and the best was Adonit Jot Pro. The Jot Pro had a transparent disc as its tip and you could see the results as you drew and it was pressure sensitive, as well, but the disc sort of skittered over the surface unevenly so quite hard to control.

With all these problems I gave up using the iPad to draw landscapes and went back to paper which I thought a sin but as I live in the West of Scotland which is wet I am now back to only sketching in dry days. Would still like to paint and colour digitally using PS as the software of choice so I am still looking but will have to wait till Ink & Slide come to the UK. The good thing about Adobe that they do spend money on promotions and I should have the choice in August to try it for 1/2 day. I really think that this is a piece of hardware that I can use!